Friday 27 May 1960
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ray Armsetad and Gaston Therrien.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Cathy's Clown by The Everly Brothers.
Pollyanna, directed by David Swift, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching An Age of Kings.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 May 1960!
Which were the important events of 27 May 1960 ?
- Mother's Day in Bolivia (Dfa de la Madre)
- Bruno, Bishop of Wnrzburg
- Pope John I
- Saint Julius the Veteran
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Venerable Bede
- Lag Ba'omer in Judaism (2005)
- Children's Day in Nigeria
- Ray Armsetad: Kirksville, Missouri -- 4X400 runner (1984 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Gaston Therrien: Canadian ice hockey player and sportscaster.
- 1st use of oversized catching mitt (Baltimore Oriole Clint Courtney)
- Military coup overthrows democratic government of Turkey.
- In Turkey, a military coup removes President Celal Bayar and the rest of the democratic government from office.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Everly Brothers - Cathy's Clown
- Elvis Presley - Stuck On You
- Jimmy Jones - Good Timin'
- The Brothers Four - Greenfields
- Jackie Wilson - Night
- Connie Stevens - Sixteen Reasons
- Johnny Preston - Cradle Of Love
- Jeanne Black - He'll Have To Stay
- Billy Bland - Let The Little Girl Dance
- Anita Bryant - Paper Roses
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?