Saturday 27 May 1972
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Antonio Freeman and Karen Hecox.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Oh Girl by The Chi-Lites.
In UK Amazing Grace by Pipes & Drums & The Military Band Of The Royal Scots Dragoon Guard was in the top 5 hits.
Play It Again, Sam, directed by Herbert Ross, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Hunt the Wumpus.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 May 1972!
Which were the important events of 27 May 1972 ?
- Mother's Day in Bolivia (Dfa de la Madre)
- Bruno, Bishop of Wnrzburg
- Pope John I
- Saint Julius the Veteran
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Venerable Bede
- Lag Ba'omer in Judaism (2005)
- Children's Day in Nigeria
- Antonio Freeman: NFL wide reciever (Green Bay Packers - Super Bowl 31).
- Karen Hecox: US 1500 metre runner.
- Troy Sienkiewicz: NFL tackle/guard (San Diego Chargers).
- Opryland : American country music-themed amusement park.
- Jace Everett: Country Singer.
- Applause closes at Palace Theater NYC after 900 performances
- A second Watergate break-in attempt fails.
- The Angry Brigade goes on trial in the United Kingdom.
- Three Japanese Red Army members kill 24 and injure 100 in Lod Airport, Israel.
- June – Iraq nationalizes the Iraq Petroleum Company.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 27 May 1972
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Chi-Lites - Oh Girl
- The Staple Singers - I'll Take You There
- Roberta Flack - The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
- Al Green - Look What You Done For Me
- Sammy Davis Jr. - The Candy Man
- Cat Stevens - Morning Has Broken
- The Rolling Stones - Tumbling Dice
- Joe Tex - I Gotcha
- Dr. Hook - Sylvia's Mother
- Commander Cody & His Lost Planet Airmen - Hot Rod Lincoln
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?