Wednesday 27 May 2009
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
The Hangover, directed by Todd Phillips, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book 5: The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 May 2009!
Which were the important events of 27 May 2009 ?
- Mother's Day in Bolivia (Dfa de la Madre)
- Bruno, Bishop of Wnrzburg
- Pope John I
- Saint Julius the Veteran
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Venerable Bede
- Lag Ba'omer in Judaism (2005)
- Children's Day in Nigeria
- Sir William Refshauge: Australian public health administrator (Born 1913).
- Sir Clive Grainger: British economist and Nobel Prize winner (Born 1934).
- Thomas Franck: American lawyer (Born 1931).
- Abram Hoffer: Canadian Orthomolecular psychiatrist (Born 1917).
- Gerard Jean-Juste: Roman Catholic priest and Haitian political activist (Born 1946).
- (to May 31) Heritage Numismatic Auctions conducts Central States Signature Auction.
- United States President Barack Obama nominates Hispanic Roman Catholic theologian Miguel H. Diaz as Ambassador to the Holy See. (AP via Google News)
- North Korea launches its fifth missile since testing a nuclear weapon on May 25. (Sky News)
- Russian investment firm Digital Sky Technologies purchases 1.96% of the social network service Facebook. (''New York Times'')
- A suicide attack kills at least 35 people and injures 250 more in Lahore, Pakistan. (BBC)
- Soyuz TMA-15 launches from the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan. (Reuters)
- A rare white tiger is euthanized after killing a zookeeper at the Zion Wildlife Gardens in Whangarei, New Zealand. (RTÉ)
- Russia will supply US$1 billion of uranium to civilian nuclear reactors in the United States. (CNN)
- An anti-piracy warship destroys a Yemeni fishing vessel in the Red Sea, killing at least two people. (BBC)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2009 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?