Friday 27 November 1925
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Clash of the Wolves, directed by Noel Mason Smith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 November 1925!
Which were the important events of 27 November 1925 ?
- Marshall Thompson in Peoria: Illinois, USA; actor (Bog, To Hell and Back, Daktari).
- Michael Tolan in Detroit: Michigan, USA; actor (Nurses, Senator).
- John Maddox: Welsh chemist physicist and journalist (d. 2009).
- Francis Howell: American anthropologist.
- Marshall Thompson: American actor, he made his film debut in 1944 with "The Purple Heart.
- Ernie Wise: British comedian of over 40 years with partner Eric Morecambe until the latter's death 5/28/1984. A book was published in 1998 about the great comic partnership of Morecambe and Wise. They first met when they attended the same audition in the spring 1939 and first played on the same show in 1940 in "Youth Takes a Bow." Their TV debut was not that successful, BBC on 4/21/1954; however, by their Christmas show on 12/25/1977, they had almost 29 million people viewers.
- Roger de la Fresnaye: French Sculptor / painter.
- German Parliament ratifies treaty of Locarno
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1925 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Paddlin' Madelin' Home - Cliff Edwards
- Sometime - Green Brothers Novelty Band
- If I Had a Girl Like You - Benny Krueger & His Orchestra
- I Miss My Swiss (My Swiss Miss Misses Me) - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 27 November 1925 and get them!