Wednesday 27 November 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Bank Dick, directed by Edward F. Cline, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 November 1940!
Which were the important events of 27 November 1940 ?
- Bruce Lee in San Francisco: California, USA; karate star/actor (Green Hornet).
- Antonio Tarzia: Italian ecclesiastic, a Roman Catholic priest who was the manager and editor of the newspaper "Edizioni Paoline.
- John Alderton: Gainsborough, England -- Actor (Zardoz).
- Bruce Lee: Chinese-American actor and martial arts expert who portrayed heroism and grace in movies featuring his martial arts.
- Nicolae Iorga: Romanian historian and politician 34th Prime Minister of Romania (d. 1940).
- 6th Heisman Trophy Award: Tom Harmon, Michigan (HB)
- Nazis signs Technical Hague court Delft
- World War II: At the Battle of Cape Spartivento, the Royal Navy engages the Regia Marina in the Mediterranean Sea.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1940 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Scrub Me, Mama, With a Boogie Beat - Will Bradley & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?