Friday 27 November 1942
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Black Swan, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1942.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 November 1942!
Which were the important events of 27 November 1942 ?
- Jimi Hendrix: American musician, singer and guitarist who became a rock superstar.
- Henry Carr: Detroit, Michigan -- 200m / 4x400m runner (1964 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Marilyn Hacker: American poet and critic.
- Bobby Managoff beats Yvon Robert in Houston, to become wrestling champ
- Tito appoints Anti fascist Liberation board in Yugoslavia
- World War II: At Toulon, the French navy scuttles its ships and submarines to keep them out of Nazi hands.
- Cocoanut Grove fire: A fire in the Cocoanut Grove night club in Boston, Massachusetts, kills 491.
- The large-scale German ampquotpacificationampquot of the Zamojszczyzna region of Poland begins.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1942 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- I Had The Craziest Dream - Harry James & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?