Sunday 27 November 1966
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to You Keep Me Hangin' On by The Supremes.
In UK Good Vibrations by The Beach Boys was in the top 5 hits.
Django, directed by Sergio Corbucci, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while The Secret Of Santa Vittoria by Robert Crichton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 November 1966!
Which were the important events of 27 November 1966 ?
- Carwell Gardner: NFL fullback (Buffalo Bills, SD Chargers).
- Chryssandra Hines: Bristol, Connecticut -- Team handball wing (1996 Olympics).
- Dean Garrett: American basketball player: center, Timberwolves.
- David Cox: American missing person and homicide victim.
- Andy Merrill: American voice actor and producer.
- Uruguay adopts constitution
- Billionaire Howard Hughes arrives in Las Vegas and enters the Desert Inn, occupying the entire 9th floor of the St. Andrews Tower.
- In highest-scoring NFL game, Washington Redskins defeat New York Giants 72-41.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The New Vaudeville Band - Winchester Cathedral
- The Supremes - You Keep Me Hangin' On
- The Monkees - Last Train To Clarksville
- Johnny Rivers - Poor Side Of Town
- The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations
- Donovan - Mellow Yellow
- Mitch Ryder - Devil With A Blue Dress On & Good Golly Miss Molly
- James and Bobby Purify - I'm Your Puppet
- Peter and Gordon - Lady Godiva
- Roger Williams - Born Free
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 27 November 1966 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?