Monday 27 November 1967
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Brett MacNeil and Garry Valk.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Daydream Believer by The Monkees.
In UK Baby Now That I've Found You by The Foundations was in the top 5 hits.
The Producers, directed by Mel Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Le monde parallèle.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 November 1967!
Which were the important events of 27 November 1967 ?
- Brett MacNeil: CFL guard (Winnipeg Blue Bombers).
- Garry Valk: Edmonton, Alberta -- NHL left wing (Anaheim Mighty Ducks).
- Edson Ribeiro: Brazilian musician.
- Shane Embury: English bass player (Napalm Death Unseen Terror Meathook Seed Lock Up and Venomous Concept).
- Ettore Panizza: Composer, dies at 92.
- Beatles release Magical Mystery Tour
- Gold pool nations pledge support of $35 per ounce gold price.
- The Beatles release ''Magical Mystery Tour'' in the US as a full album. The songs added to the original six songs on the double EP include ''All You Need Is Love'', ''Penny Lane'', ''Strawberry Fields Forever'', ''Baby, You're a Rich Man'' and ''Hello, Goodbye''. Release as a double EP will not take place in the UK until December.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Monkees - Daydream Believer
- The Cowsills - The Rain, The Park & Other Things
- Strawberry Alarm Clock - Incense And Peppermints
- Lulu - To Sir With Love
- Dionne Warwick - I Say A Little Prayer
- Bobby Vinton - Please Love Me Forever
- Sam & Dave - Soul Man
- Gladys Knight & the Pips - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- The Who - I Can See For Miles
- Victor Lundberg - An Open Letter To My Teenage Son
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?