Thursday 27 November 2003
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bostyn Brown .
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Baby Boy by Beyonce.
In UK Be Faithful by Fatman Scoop featuring The Crooklyn Clan was in the top 5 hits.
The Last Samurai, directed by Edward Zwick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while Key of Light by Nora Roberts was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Warrior Women with Lucy Lawless.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Backyard Wrestling: Don't Try This at Home or Shikigami no Shiro II.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 November 2003!
Which were the important events of 27 November 2003 ?
- Scientists warn that a devastating influenza epidemic is not only inevitable but may be imminent.
- The People's Republic of China angrily rejects US anti-dumping measures on imports of televisions from China, saying that the US measures breach WTO agreements and discriminate against Chinese firms Premier Wen Jiabao is due to visit Washington, DC, next month.
- British police say that explosives have been found in the Gloucester home of a 24-year-old man being held on suspicion of terrorist activity and links to Al-Qaeda the suspect is British born of Asian origin.
- Kofi Annan says that the global war against AIDS is being lost.
- War on Drugs: European Union justice ministers agree to tougher anti-drug laws, but the Netherlands say its ampquotcoffee shopsampquot—where cannabis is openly sold and smoked—would survive.
- Peruvian police clash with campesinos in the town of Carhuamayo (department of Junín), leaving two dead and more than 20 people injured, during a protest against mining pollution. Strikers are demanding the government hand over from the privatization of a state electricity company for the cleanup.
- At the end of the First Count of elections to the Northern Ireland Assembly, and reflecting the early tallies the Democratic Unionist Party attracts the highest popular vote, with Sinn Féin coming second, the Ulster Unionist Party third and the SDLP fourth. Minor parties like the Progressive Unionist Party, the Alliance Party and the UK Unionist Party suffer major collapse, with the Women's Coalition losing all its seats. Later counts are expected to boost the middle ground UUP and SDLP, who
- Plans for the handover of power in Iraq have to be revised after senior Shiites object to indirect elections.
- Larry Spencer of the Canadian Alliance party makes public statements stating his desire to recriminalize homosexual behaviour in Canada to combat what he claimed was a conspiracy by the homosexual community to infiltrate social institutions to recruit children into the ampquothomosexual lifestyleampquot. He was quickly denounced by numerous public figures including his own party leader, Stephen Harper, who also made him resign his position as Family Issue Critic in the Canadian House of Commons
- The Final Build of Street Legal Racing: Redline was completed.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 27 November 2003
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?