Thursday 27 November 2008
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Live Your Life by T.I..
Twilight, directed by Catherine Hardwicke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 November 2008!
Which were the important events of 27 November 2008 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 27 November
- V P Singh: Indian Prime Minister (Born 1931).
- The longest serving Ocean Liner in history, QE2 is retired from service.
- An Airbus A320 owned by Air New Zealand with 7 people aboard crashes into the sea off the southern French coast during a training flight, exactly 29 years to the day (NZDT) after Air New Zealand Flight 901 crashed in Antarctica. (CNN)
- A Polish ABW secret service report says the shooting incident in Georgia involving Polish President Lech Kaczyński and Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili was most likely ampquota provocationampquot staged by the Georgians (The Warsaw Voice)
- 2008 Santa Catarina floods: The Brazilian federal government authorizes nearly 2 billion reais (881 million U.S. dollars) in emergency relief funds. (Reuters)
- Russia and Brazil call for the first BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India, China) summit of major emerging market countries in Russia to respond to the financial crisis in 2009. (Reuters)
- A suicide car bomb explodes near the United States embassy in Kabul, Afghanistan, with at least one person dead. (AP via ''New York Times'')
- An Australian soldier is killed and several injured in fighting in Oruzgan Province, Afghanistan. (''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- 2008 Thai political crisis:
- The government declares a state of emergency over two airports. (BangkokPost.com)
- The Criminal Court of Thailand throws out a defamation lawsuit brought by former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra against the People's Alliance for Democracy. (Bangkok Post)
- Thai companies, agencies and some schools send their employees/students home for security reasons and after the coup rumours. (Nation Multimedia)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2008 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 27 November 2008 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?