Tuesday 27 October 1908
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Martin Adan and Joseph Bachmeier.
En färd på Kinda kanal, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 October 1908!
Which were the important events of 27 October 1908 ?
- St. Namatius
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Independence Day (from Britain, 1979)
- Turkmenistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- St. Desiderius
- R.C. saints - October 27th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Abraham the Poor
- St. Vincent, Sabina, & Christeta
- St. Capitolina
- St. Odhran
- St. Elesbaan
- St. Florentius
- St. Frumentius, the saint who introduced Christianity into Ethiopia.
- St. Gaudiosus
- St. Abban of Murnevin
- Martin Adan: Pseudonym Ramon Rafael de la Fuente Benavides, Peruvian poet, whose work stands out for its secrecy and depth.
- Joseph Bachmeier: German military, a Nazi and a member of the Waffen SS during WWII, he led his men into battle against the Soviets in the Battle of Narva in 1944 and won a Knight's Cross from the German authorities.
- Josef Bachmeier: Germany Military man.
- Raymond Lyon: Neuilly sur Seine Journalist.
- Lee Krasner: American painter (d. 1984).
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1908 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Down in Jungle Town - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Take Me Out to the Ball Game - Haydn Quartet with Harry Macdonough
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1908?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?