Saturday 27 October 1917
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Seven Keys to Baldpate, directed by Hugh Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1917.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 October 1917!
Which were the important events of 27 October 1917 ?
- St. Namatius
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Independence Day (from Britain, 1979)
- Turkmenistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- St. Desiderius
- R.C. saints - October 27th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Abraham the Poor
- St. Vincent, Sabina, & Christeta
- St. Capitolina
- St. Odhran
- St. Elesbaan
- St. Florentius
- St. Frumentius, the saint who introduced Christianity into Ethiopia.
- St. Gaudiosus
- St. Abban of Murnevin
- Augustine Harris: British Bishop of Middlesbrough (d. 2007).
- Oliver Tambo: South African lawyer and politician (d. 1993).
- Arthur Rhys Davids: British pilot (Born 1897).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Musical Sam from Alabam' - Peerless Quartet
- Lily of the Valley - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?