Wednesday 27 October 1920
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
L'innamorata, directed by Gennaro Righelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1920.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 October 1920!
Which were the important events of 27 October 1920 ?
- St. Namatius
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Independence Day (from Britain, 1979)
- Turkmenistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- St. Desiderius
- R.C. saints - October 27th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Abraham the Poor
- St. Vincent, Sabina, & Christeta
- St. Capitolina
- St. Odhran
- St. Elesbaan
- St. Florentius
- St. Frumentius, the saint who introduced Christianity into Ethiopia.
- St. Gaudiosus
- St. Abban of Murnevin
- Nanette Fabray: American actress, comedienne and singer.
- K R Narayanan: 10th President of India (d. 2005).
- K Narayanan: Indian lawyer and politician 10th President of India (d. 2005).
- Warren Shapleigh: St Louis EXecutives.
- Edward Peeters: Belgium sport Champion.
- League of Nations moves headquarters in Geneva.
- Westinghouse radio station in East Pittsburgh, KDKA begins.
- United States presidential election, 1920: Republican Warren G. Harding defeats Democrat James M. Cox and Socialist Eugene V. Debs, in the first national U.S. election in which women have the right to vote.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1920 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Tell Me, Little Gypsy - Art Hickman & His Orchestra
- I'll be with You in Apple Blossom Time - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- Old Pal, Why Don't You Answer Me? - Ernest Hare
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?