Wednesday 27 October 1920
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include K R Narayanan and Nanette Fabray.
L'innamorata, directed by Gennaro Righelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 October 1920!
Which were the important events of 27 October 1920 ?
- St. Namatius
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Independence Day (from Britain, 1979)
- Turkmenistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- St. Desiderius
- R.C. saints - October 27th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Abraham the Poor
- St. Vincent, Sabina, & Christeta
- St. Capitolina
- St. Odhran
- St. Elesbaan
- St. Florentius
- St. Frumentius, the saint who introduced Christianity into Ethiopia.
- St. Gaudiosus
- St. Abban of Murnevin
- K R Narayanan: 10th President of India (d. 2005).
- Nanette Fabray: American actress, comedienne and singer.
- Edward Peeters: Belgium sport Champion.
- Warren Shapleigh: St Louis EXecutives.
- K Narayanan: Indian lawyer and politician 10th President of India (d. 2005).
- League of Nations moves headquarters in Geneva.
- Westinghouse radio station in East Pittsburgh, KDKA begins.
- United States presidential election, 1920: Republican Warren G. Harding defeats Democrat James M. Cox and Socialist Eugene V. Debs, in the first national U.S. election in which women have the right to vote.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 27 October 1920
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1920 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Tell Me, Little Gypsy - Art Hickman & His Orchestra
- I'll be with You in Apple Blossom Time - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- Old Pal, Why Don't You Answer Me? - Ernest Hare
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?