Thursday 27 October 1921
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
The Sheik, directed by George Melford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 October 1921!
Which were the important events of 27 October 1921 ?
- St. Namatius
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Independence Day (from Britain, 1979)
- Turkmenistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- St. Desiderius
- R.C. saints - October 27th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Abraham the Poor
- St. Vincent, Sabina, & Christeta
- St. Capitolina
- St. Odhran
- St. Elesbaan
- St. Florentius
- St. Frumentius, the saint who introduced Christianity into Ethiopia.
- St. Gaudiosus
- St. Abban of Murnevin
- Leonardo Costagliola: Italian soccer player, goalkeeper.
- Pierre Simonet: French official and economist.
- Anestis Logothetis: Composer.
- Warren Smith: American author of a 1,237-page tome, "Who’s Who in Hell: A Handbook and International Directory for Humanists, Freethinkers, Naturalists, Rationalists and Non-Theists.
- Warren Allen Smith: American encyclopedist.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1921 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- All By Myself - Benny Krueger & His Orchestra
- They Needed a Song Bird in Heaven (So God Took Caruso Away) - Sam Ash
- I'm Nobody's Baby - Marion Harris
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1921?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 27 October 1921 and get them!