Tuesday 27 October 1925
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jane Connell in Oakland and Mary Kay Steans in Glendale.
The Pleasure Garden, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 October 1925!
Which were the important events of 27 October 1925 ?
- St. Namatius
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Independence Day (from Britain, 1979)
- Turkmenistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- St. Desiderius
- R.C. saints - October 27th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Abraham the Poor
- St. Vincent, Sabina, & Christeta
- St. Capitolina
- St. Odhran
- St. Elesbaan
- St. Florentius
- St. Frumentius, the saint who introduced Christianity into Ethiopia.
- St. Gaudiosus
- St. Abban of Murnevin
- Jane Connell in Oakland: California, USA; actress (Jane - Stanley, Bridget - Dumpling).
- Mary Kay Steans in Glendale: California, USA; actress (Mary Kay and Johnny).
- Warren M Christopher: United States -- Lawyer / Minister of Foreign Affairs (1993- ).
- Jane Connell: American character actress.
- Paul Gerbod: French historian, an emeritus professor of contemporary history at several French universities, president of the 'Association des historiens contemporaneistes des universites françaises' and of the 'Comite franfais des sciences historiques.
- Warren Christopher: American soldier lawyer and politician 63rd United States Secretary of State (d. 2011)
- Paul Fox: English broadcaster
- Monica Sims: English radio host and producer
- Wilhelm Gericke: Composer, dies at 80.
- Water skis patented by Fred Waller.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1925 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Row, Row, Rosie - Eddie Cantor
- Yes Sir! That's My Baby - Ace Brigode & His Virginians
- The Letter Edged in Black - Vernon Dalhart
- Manhattan - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra (Knickerbockers)
- Charleston - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?