Thursday 27 October 1927
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dominick Argento in York and Edward Ralph Keinholz.
The Last Performance, directed by Paul Fejos, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 October 1927!
Which were the important events of 27 October 1927 ?
- St. Namatius
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Independence Day (from Britain, 1979)
- Turkmenistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- St. Desiderius
- R.C. saints - October 27th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Abraham the Poor
- St. Vincent, Sabina, & Christeta
- St. Capitolina
- St. Odhran
- St. Elesbaan
- St. Florentius
- St. Frumentius, the saint who introduced Christianity into Ethiopia.
- St. Gaudiosus
- St. Abban of Murnevin
- Dominick Argento in York: Pennsylvania, USA; composer (Colonel Jonathan the Saint).
- Edward Ralph Keinholz: Sculptor.
- Dominick Argento: American composer and educator.
- Squizzy_Taylor: Australian organized crime figure (Born 1888).
- Queen Wilhelmina opens Meuse-Waal Canal in Nijmegen
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 27 October 1927
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?