Sunday 27 October 1940
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Mark of Zorro, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 October 1940!
Which were the important events of 27 October 1940 ?
- St. Namatius
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Independence Day (from Britain, 1979)
- Turkmenistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- St. Desiderius
- R.C. saints - October 27th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Abraham the Poor
- St. Vincent, Sabina, & Christeta
- St. Capitolina
- St. Odhran
- St. Elesbaan
- St. Florentius
- St. Frumentius, the saint who introduced Christianity into Ethiopia.
- St. Gaudiosus
- St. Abban of Murnevin
- Georges Vanconingsloo: .
- Arthur Brown: South African technical engineer and CEO of Hecla Mining.
- Maxine Kingston: American author and academic.
- Anthea Joseph: Music producer.
- Maxine Hong Kingston: United States -- Author.
- John Gotti: American gangster and noted Mafia leader once known as the "Teflon Don" after a series of courtroom acquittals. Handsome and elegant, he seems the picture of the Mafiosi with an adoring family to contrast with his underworld lifestyle.
- Fini Valdemar Henriques: Composer, dies at 72.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 27 October 1940 and get them!