Wednesday 27 October 1943
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Guadalcanal Diary, directed by Lewis Seiler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 October 1943!
Which were the important events of 27 October 1943 ?
- St. Namatius
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Independence Day (from Britain, 1979)
- Turkmenistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- St. Desiderius
- R.C. saints - October 27th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Abraham the Poor
- St. Vincent, Sabina, & Christeta
- St. Capitolina
- St. Odhran
- St. Elesbaan
- St. Florentius
- St. Frumentius, the saint who introduced Christianity into Ethiopia.
- St. Gaudiosus
- St. Abban of Murnevin
- Carmen Argenziano: American actor and producer.
- Jerry Rook: American basketball player and coach.
- Al Nelson: American college and pro football player, he played cornerback for the University of Cincinnati, and then for the Philadelphia Eagles from 1965 to 1973.
- Bela Reinitz: Composer, dies at 64.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 27 October 1943 and get them!