Monday 27 October 1947
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Forever Amber, directed by Otto Preminger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 October 1947!
Which were the important events of 27 October 1947 ?
- St. Namatius
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Independence Day (from Britain, 1979)
- Turkmenistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- St. Desiderius
- R.C. saints - October 27th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Abraham the Poor
- St. Vincent, Sabina, & Christeta
- St. Capitolina
- St. Odhran
- St. Elesbaan
- St. Florentius
- St. Frumentius, the saint who introduced Christianity into Ethiopia.
- St. Gaudiosus
- St. Abban of Murnevin
- Terry Anderson: AP correspondent / US hostage held in Lebanon (1985-91).
- Andre Dierickx: .
- Bernard Vatier: French lawyer, specializing in corporate/commercial transactions, business law, litigation, and white collar criminal law.
- William Fay: Irish actor and theatre producer (Born 1872).
- You Bet Your Life, with Groucho Marx, premieres on ABC radio
- WMAR TV channel 2 in Baltimore, Maryland (NBC) begins broadcasting
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1947 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Mickey - Ted Weems & His Orchestra
- Dinah Shore - You Do
- I Wish I Didn't Love You So - Dick Haymes
- Kokomo, Indiana - Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 27 October 1947 and get them!