Wednesday 27 October 1948
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Red Shoes, directed by Michael Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1948.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 October 1948!
Which were the important events of 27 October 1948 ?
- St. Namatius
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Independence Day (from Britain, 1979)
- Turkmenistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- St. Desiderius
- R.C. saints - October 27th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Abraham the Poor
- St. Vincent, Sabina, & Christeta
- St. Capitolina
- St. Odhran
- St. Elesbaan
- St. Florentius
- St. Frumentius, the saint who introduced Christianity into Ethiopia.
- St. Gaudiosus
- St. Abban of Murnevin
- Byron Allred: Logan, Utah -- Rocker (Steve Miller Band).
- Israel recaptures Nizzanim in the Negev.
- Leopold Sedar Senghor founds the Senegalese Democratic Bloc.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1948 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Kay Kyser & His Orchestra - On a Slow Boat to China
- One Has My Name (The Other Has My Heart) - Jimmy Wakely
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?