Friday 27 October 1950
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Dark City, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while Across The River And Into The Trees by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 October 1950!
Which were the important events of 27 October 1950 ?
- St. Namatius
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Independence Day (from Britain, 1979)
- Turkmenistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- St. Desiderius
- R.C. saints - October 27th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Abraham the Poor
- St. Vincent, Sabina, & Christeta
- St. Capitolina
- St. Odhran
- St. Elesbaan
- St. Florentius
- St. Frumentius, the saint who introduced Christianity into Ethiopia.
- St. Gaudiosus
- St. Abban of Murnevin
- Marc Rochet: French business executive, a former head of Air Liberté.
- Kirsi Neuvonen: Finnish singer.
- Michael Driscoll: English economist and academic.
- Fran Lebowitz: Author / actress (Resident Alien).
- Július Šupler: Slovak ice hockey player and coach.
- A Wilson: English journalist historian and author
- Julius Supler: Slovak ice-hockey coach
- Roger Madec: French politician, a member of the Senate of France, representing the city of Paris. He is a member of the Socialist Party.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Nevertheless (I'm In Love With You) - Ray Anthony
- Perry Como & Betty Hutton - A Bushel and a Peck
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?