Tuesday 27 October 1953
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Look At That Girl by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
The Big Heat, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 October 1953!
Which were the important events of 27 October 1953 ?
- St. Namatius
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Independence Day (from Britain, 1979)
- Turkmenistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- St. Desiderius
- R.C. saints - October 27th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Abraham the Poor
- St. Vincent, Sabina, & Christeta
- St. Capitolina
- St. Odhran
- St. Elesbaan
- St. Florentius
- St. Frumentius, the saint who introduced Christianity into Ethiopia.
- St. Gaudiosus
- St. Abban of Murnevin
- Barry Bonnell: American pro athlete, a baseball player with the Atlanta Braves, Toronto Blue Jays and Seattle Mariners.
- Michael A Baker in Memphis: Tennessee, USA; Lieutenant Commander US Navy/astronaut (STS 43).
- Peter Firth: Bradford, England -- Actor (Equus, Lifeforce, Tess).
- Robert Picardo: American actor director and screenwriter.
- Michael Baker: Memphis, Tennessee -- Lieutenant Commander USN / Astronaut (STS 43, 52, 68, 81).
- British nuclear test Totem 2 is carried out at Emu Field, South Australia.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1953 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 27 October 1953 and get them!