Wednesday 27 October 1954
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Takis Candilis and Thierry Tour d'Artaise.
In UK Hold My Hand by Don Cornell was in the top 5 hits.
Summer Interlude, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Love Is Eternal by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 October 1954!
Which were the important events of 27 October 1954 ?
- St. Namatius
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Independence Day (from Britain, 1979)
- Turkmenistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- St. Desiderius
- R.C. saints - October 27th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Abraham the Poor
- St. Vincent, Sabina, & Christeta
- St. Capitolina
- St. Odhran
- St. Elesbaan
- St. Florentius
- St. Frumentius, the saint who introduced Christianity into Ethiopia.
- St. Gaudiosus
- St. Abban of Murnevin
- Takis Candilis: French television producer and program director; the President of Lagardère Entertainment since 2010.
- Thierry Tour d'Artaise: French businessman, who serves as the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Groupe SEB, a large French consortium that produces small appliances.
- Jan Duursema: American comic book artist.
- Mike Kelley: American artist (d. 2012).
- Chris Tavaré: English cricketer and biologist.
- B O Davis Jr becomes 1st black general in USAF
- President Eisenhower offers aid to South Vietnam President Ngo Dinh Diem
- WISN TV channel 12 in Milwaukee, WI (ABC) begins broadcasting
- Benjamin O. Davis Jr. becomes the first African-American general in the United States Air Force.
- The ABC TV network airs the first Disneyland TV show, on Wednesday night, 7:30 to 8:30. The first episode is titled The Disneyland Story. Approximately 30.8 million American viewers watch the show.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?