Sunday 27 October 1957
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Wake Up Little Susie by The Everly Brothers.
In UK Diana by Paul Anka was in the top 5 hits.
Pursuit of the Graf Spee, directed by Michael Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 October 1957!
Which were the important events of 27 October 1957 ?
- St. Namatius
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Independence Day (from Britain, 1979)
- Turkmenistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- St. Desiderius
- R.C. saints - October 27th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Abraham the Poor
- St. Vincent, Sabina, & Christeta
- St. Capitolina
- St. Odhran
- St. Elesbaan
- St. Florentius
- St. Frumentius, the saint who introduced Christianity into Ethiopia.
- St. Gaudiosus
- St. Abban of Murnevin
- Glen Hoddle: English soccer ball player (Tottenham).
- Christian Pechoutre: French sommelier who was awarded the title of 'Meilleur ouvrier de France Sommelier' in 2000.
- Jeff East: American actor and singer.
- Glenn Hoddle: English footballer and manager.
- Peter Jacobson: American actor director and producer.
- Nilda Fernandez: French-Spanish singer and songwriter. From cradle Andalusian protestant, he arrives in Lyon at the age of 7 with his family. Nilda, inversion of Daniel, is widely known for his androgynous voice and his greatest hit "Madrid, Madrid", covered by Miguel Bose. He was also popular in Argentina, singing with Mercedes Sosa.
- Celal Bayar re-elected President of Turkey
- WOWL TV channel 15 in Florence, AL (NBC / CBS) begins broadcasting
- WPTA TV channel 21 in Fort Wayne, IN (ABC) begins broadcasting
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Everly Brothers - Wake Up Little Susie
- Jimmie Rodgers - Honeycomb
- Elvis Presley - Jailhouse Rock
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- Paul Anka - Diana
- Johnny Mathis - Chances Are
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lot Of Shakin' Going On
- The Crickets - That'll Be The Day
- The Tune Weavers - Happy, Happy Birthday Baby
- The Bobbettes - Mr. Lee
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?