Thursday 27 October 1966
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to 96 Tears by ? (Question Mark) and the Mysterians.
In UK Distant Drums by Jim Reeves was in the top 5 hits.
What's Up, Tiger Lily?, directed by Woody Allen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 October 1966!
Which were the important events of 27 October 1966 ?
- St. Namatius
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Independence Day (from Britain, 1979)
- Turkmenistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- St. Desiderius
- R.C. saints - October 27th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Abraham the Poor
- St. Vincent, Sabina, & Christeta
- St. Capitolina
- St. Odhran
- St. Elesbaan
- St. Florentius
- St. Frumentius, the saint who introduced Christianity into Ethiopia.
- St. Gaudiosus
- St. Abban of Murnevin
- Brad Lauer: Humboldt -- NHL right wing (Pittsburgh Penguins).
- Grant Kenny: Norfolk Island, NSW -- Australasia golfer.
- Timm Rosenbach: NFL quarterback (NO Saints).
- Daniel O'Hara: American food vendor known as "Dan the Muffin Man," who owned and operated several sales and food service companies.
- Matt Drudge: American blogger founded the Drudge Report.
- Kit Malthouse: English accountant and politician
- Hege Nerland: Norwegian lawyer and politician (d. 2007)
- Masanobu Takashima: Japanese actor
- UN deprives South Africa of Namibia
- The first ever regeneration in Doctor Who: William Hartnell's face morphs into that of Patrick Troughton.
- The Guinean delegation to the OAU meeting in Ethiopia, become hostages of the Ghanaian government in Accra.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Four Tops - Reach Out I'll Be There
- ? (Question Mark) and the Mysterians - 96 Tears
- The Monkees - Last Train To Clarksville
- Johnny Rivers - Poor Side Of Town
- Herman's Hermits - Dandy
- The Left Banke - Walk Away Renee
- Tommy Roe - Hooray For Hazel
- Jimmy Ruffin - What Becomes Of The Brokenhearted
- The Rolling Stones - Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby, Standing In The Shadow
- Eric Burdon and the Animals - See See Rider
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 27 October 1966 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?