Wednesday 27 October 1971
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Liz Pagano and Matt Brown.
In UK Maggie May / Reason To Believe by Rod Stewart was in the top 5 hits.
Maid in Sweden, directed by Floch Johnson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Day Of The Jackal by Frederick Forsyth was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Bandeira 2.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Computer Space or The Oregon Trail.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 October 1971!
Which were the important events of 27 October 1971 ?
- St. Namatius
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Independence Day (from Britain, 1979)
- Turkmenistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- St. Desiderius
- R.C. saints - October 27th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Abraham the Poor
- St. Vincent, Sabina, & Christeta
- St. Capitolina
- St. Odhran
- St. Elesbaan
- St. Florentius
- St. Frumentius, the saint who introduced Christianity into Ethiopia.
- St. Gaudiosus
- St. Abban of Murnevin
- Liz Pagano: Seattle, Washington -- WPVA volleyballer (National-13th - 1994).
- Matt Brown: WLAF guard (Amsterdam Admirals).
- Mike Ricci: Scarborough, Ontario -- NHL center (Colorado Avalanche).
- Zaddick X Longenbach: Greenwalds, Pennsylvania -- Fencer-foil (1996 Olympics).
- Jade Arcade: American comics artist and writer.
- Stefano Guidoni: Italian footballer
- Jorge Soto: Peruvian footballer
- Theodoros Zagorakis: Greek footballer and politician
- Steve Garvey weds Cynthia Truhan
- The Democratic Republic of the Congo is renamed Zaire.
- The British House of Commons votes 356–244 in favour of joining the European Economic Community.
- The United Kingdom becomes the 6th nation to launch a satellite into orbit, the Prospero X-3, using a Black Arrow carrier rocket.
- The Egyptian Opera House (Khedivial Opera House) burns down in Cairo.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Cher - Gypsys, Tramps & Thieves
- The Osmonds - Yo-Yo
- Rod Stewart - Maggie May
- Carpenters - Superstar
- Isaac Hayes - Theme From Shaft
- John Lennon - Imagine
- Lee Michaels - Do You Know What I Mean
- Joan Baez - The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
- Cat Stevens - Peace Train
- The Free Movement - I've Found Someone Of My Own
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?