Monday 27 October 2008
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Whatever You Like by T.I..
Role Models, directed by David Wain, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Brisingr by Christopher Paolini was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Review with Myles Barlow.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 11eyes: Tsumi to Batsu to Aganai no Shōjo or BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 October 2008!
Which were the important events of 27 October 2008 ?
- St. Namatius
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Independence Day (from Britain, 1979)
- Turkmenistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- St. Desiderius
- R.C. saints - October 27th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Abraham the Poor
- St. Vincent, Sabina, & Christeta
- St. Capitolina
- St. Odhran
- St. Elesbaan
- St. Florentius
- St. Frumentius, the saint who introduced Christianity into Ethiopia.
- St. Gaudiosus
- St. Abban of Murnevin
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 27 October
- Alaskan Senator Ted Stevens is found guilty on all seven counts of lying on United States Senate financial documents. (AP via Google News)
- The Washington, D.C. Metro announces it will randomly search ampquotbackpacks, gym bags and any other containers that riders carry with them onto the bus and rail systemampquot during periods of increased threat. (''The Washington Post'')
- Kivu conflict:
- Tutsi rebels under Laurent Nkunda are reportedly advancing on the city of Goma in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. (Reuters)
- MONUC peacekeeping forces are engaged in heavy fighting against rebels. (BBC News)
- Nine major US banks will receive a $US123 billion capital injection from the federal government, says a Treasury Department official. (Sky News)
- Line m2 of the Lausanne Metro starts revenue service, making Lausanne, Switzerland, the smallest city in the world to have a metro system. (swissinfo)
- Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili dismisses Prime Minister Lado Gurgenidze, and nominates Grigol Mgaloblishvili as the country's new prime minister, following the 2008 South Ossetian war. (AFP via Google News)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 27 October 2008
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2008 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?