Tuesday 27 September 1921
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include D E Nineham and Stephen Douglass.
Rip Van Winkle, directed by Edward I. Luddy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 September 1921!
Which were the important events of 27 September 1921 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mashfyyat (Will) - First day of the eleventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- RC Saints - Saint Vincent de Paul
- Ethiopian Orthodox Church - Meskel
- Also see September 27 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Balsamine (Impatiens) Day, sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Belgium - French Community Day
- D E Nineham: Theologian.
- Stephen Douglass: American stage actor with occasional TV credits.
- Miklós Jancsó: Hungarian director and screenwriter (d. 2014).
- Milton Subotsky: American screenwriter and producer co-founded Amicus Productions (d. 1991).
- Bernard Waber: American author and illustrator (d. 2013).
- Engelbert Humperdinck: British singer who was born in India and has performed many hit songs, including some pop and ballads.
- Yanks beat Indians 21-7 in Polo Grounds
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1921 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- All By Myself - Ted Lewis & His Band
- Dangerous Blues - Mamie Smith & Her Jazz Hounds
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?