Wednesday 27 September 1922
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include James Wilson and Carl Ballantine.
One Exciting Night, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 September 1922!
Which were the important events of 27 September 1922 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mashfyyat (Will) - First day of the eleventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- RC Saints - Saint Vincent de Paul
- Ethiopian Orthodox Church - Meskel
- Also see September 27 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Balsamine (Impatiens) Day, sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Belgium - French Community Day
- James Wilson: Composer.
- Carl Ballantine: American actor (d. 2009).
- Arthur Pennsylvania Philadelphia: Pennsylvania, USA; director (Miracle Worker, Bonnie and Clyde).
- Arthur Penn: American film director, one of the first to reach superstar status with the quality and popularity of his work.
- Pierre Bichendaritz: France sport Champion.
- Sammy Benskin: American pianist and bandleader (d. 1992)
- King Constantine I of Greece abdicates his throne in favor of his eldest son, King George II.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 27 September 1922
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1922 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Hot Lips - Cotton Pickers
- Sunshine Alley - Ted Lewis & His Band
- I'm Just Wild About Harry - Vaughn De Leath
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?