Saturday 27 September 1930
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Check and Double Check, directed by Melville Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1930.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 September 1930!
Which were the important events of 27 September 1930 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mashfyyat (Will) - First day of the eleventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- RC Saints - Saint Vincent de Paul
- Ethiopian Orthodox Church - Meskel
- Also see September 27 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Balsamine (Impatiens) Day, sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Belgium - French Community Day
- Paul Reichmann: Austrian-Canadian businessman founded Olympia and York (d. 2013).
- Igor Kipnis: Berlin, Germany -- Harpsichordist / professor (Fairfield).
- Jack Reichert: American merchandise marketer and CEO in charge of Brunswick, Inc.
- Roger Birch: Chief Constable (Sussex).
- 34th US Golf Amateur Championship won by Bobby Jones
- Bobby Jones wins the U.S. Amateur Championship to complete the Grand Slam of golf. The old structure of the grand slam was the U.S. Open, British Open, U.S. Amateur, and British Amateur.
- İsmet İnönü forms new government in Turkey. (6th government)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?