Thursday 27 September 1934
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Barbara Howar in Nashville and Claude Jarman Jr in Nashville.
Judge Priest, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 September 1934!
Which were the important events of 27 September 1934 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mashfyyat (Will) - First day of the eleventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- RC Saints - Saint Vincent de Paul
- Ethiopian Orthodox Church - Meskel
- Also see September 27 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Balsamine (Impatiens) Day, sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Belgium - French Community Day
- Barbara Howar in Nashville: Tennessee, USA; reporter (Washington Post, Entertainment Tonight).
- Claude Jarman Jr in Nashville: Tennessee, USA; actor (Rio Grande, Inside Straight).
- DAER Peake: CEO (Kleinwort Benson Group).
- Wilford Brimley in Salt Lake City: Utah, USA; actor (Gus - Our House, Cocoon).
- Greg Morris in Cleveland: Ohio, USA; actor (Mission Impossible, Vega$).
- Claude Jarman: American child actor, who was ten years old and in the fifth grade in Nashville, Tennessee when he was discovered in a nationwide talent search by MGM Studios, and was cast as the lead actor in the film The Yearling (1946). His performance received glowing reviews and he was awarded with an Academy Juvenile Award as a result. He continued his studies at the MGM studio school, but MGM was finding him increasingly difficult to cast, and by the time he reached his late teens his career was virtuall
- Wilford Brimley: TV Actor
- Dick Schaap: Sportscaster / author (Bo Knows Bo, Instant Replay)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?