Wednesday 27 September 1944
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Tall in the Saddle, directed by Edwin L. Marin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 September 1944!
Which were the important events of 27 September 1944 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mashfyyat (Will) - First day of the eleventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- RC Saints - Saint Vincent de Paul
- Ethiopian Orthodox Church - Meskel
- Also see September 27 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Balsamine (Impatiens) Day, sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Belgium - French Community Day
- Ian Garnett: English admiral.
- Angélica María: American-Mexican singer-songwriter and actress.
- Gary Sutherland: American baseball player and scout.
- IDG Garnett: British Vice-Admiral.
- Helmond and Oss, Netherlands liberated
- The Kassel Mission results in the largest loss by a USAAF group on any mission in World War II.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?