Thursday 27 September 1951
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Craig and Anthony Laciura.
An American in Paris, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Celanese Theatre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 September 1951!
Which were the important events of 27 September 1951 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mashfyyat (Will) - First day of the eleventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- RC Saints - Saint Vincent de Paul
- Ethiopian Orthodox Church - Meskel
- Also see September 27 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Balsamine (Impatiens) Day, sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Belgium - French Community Day
- Paul Craig: English author and academic.
- Anthony Laciura: American tenor and actor.
- Ren Osugi: Japanese actor.
- Michel Rivard: Canadian singer-songwriter and guitarist (Beau Dommage).
- Jim Shooter: American author and illustrator.
- Persian troops occupies oil refinery at Abadan
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?