Sunday 27 September 1953
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Look At That Girl by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
Mogambo, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 September 1953!
Which were the important events of 27 September 1953 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mashfyyat (Will) - First day of the eleventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- RC Saints - Saint Vincent de Paul
- Ethiopian Orthodox Church - Meskel
- Also see September 27 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Balsamine (Impatiens) Day, sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Belgium - French Community Day
- Diane Julie Abbott: British politician.
- Heather Watts: American dancer, member of the New York City Ballet, 1970, and known for coming closest to personifying the variety of the Balanchine dancer with her extraordinary versatility.
- Diane Abbott: English journalist and politician Shadow Secretary of State for International Development.
- Mata Amritanandamayi: Indian religious leader.
- Claudio Gentile: Italian footballer and manager.
- Greg Ham: Australian keyboard player saxophonist songwriter and actor (Men at Work) (d. 2012)
- Benjamin Gene Brown: San Francisco, California -- 4X400 runner (1976 Olympics - Gold Medalist)
- Robbie Shakespeare: Jamaica -- Reggae bassist (Sly & Robbie-DJ Riot)
- Jean-Paul Comart: Belgian actor best known for his appearances in French films in the 1980s. He has appeared in films, TV and in the theatre.
- Mata Devi: Indian saint known as Ammachi, Amma, Mother of Immortal Bliss, and The Hugging Saint, a remarkable contemporary woman. Born the fourth of nine children to an extremely poor family in a fishing village on the west coast of India, she was named Sudhamani. A precocious child, she started composing songs of deep mystical significance at the age of five. Her enchanting singing became well known throughout the village. Aware from infancy of her constant connection to the divine, she immersed herself i
- Jules-Marie Canneel: Flemish Painter / caricaturist, dies at 72.
- KCMO (now KCTV) TV channel 5 in Kansas City, MO (CBS) begins
- KNOE TV channel 8 in Monroe-West Monroe, LA (CBS) begins broadcasting
- KOLO TV channel 8 in Reno, NV (ABC / CBS) begins broadcasting
- KQTV TV channel 2 in Saint Joseph, MO (ABC) begins broadcasting
- WHBQ TV channel 13 in Memphis, TN (ABC) begins broadcasting
- WMAZ TV channel 13 in Macon, Georgia (CBS / ABC) begins broadcasting
- WTOK TV channel 11 in Meridian, MS (ABC / CBS) begins broadcasting
- Typhoon destroys 1/3 of Nagoya, Japan.
- Bert Bechichar, Baltimore Colts, kicks a 56-yard field goal.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1953 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?