Monday 27 September 1954
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Three Coins In The Fountain by Frank Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
The Barefoot Contessa, directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Mary Anne by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 September 1954!
Which were the important events of 27 September 1954 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mashfyyat (Will) - First day of the eleventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- RC Saints - Saint Vincent de Paul
- Ethiopian Orthodox Church - Meskel
- Also see September 27 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Balsamine (Impatiens) Day, sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Belgium - French Community Day
- Ray Hadley: Australian radio and television host.
- Dmitry Sitkovetsky: Russian violinist and conductor.
- Larry Wall: American computer programmer and author.
- Len Matuszek: American baseball player, a right-throwing/left-batting first baseman with the Philadelphia Phillies, Toronto Blue Jays, and Los Angeles Dodgers between 1981 and 1987.
- Bernadette Manca di Nissa: Italian operatic contralto who has sung leading roles in the principal opera houses of Italy as well as internationally.
- 1st African American Supreme Court page is CV Bush
- School integration begins in Washington DC and Baltimore, Maryland, public schools.
- The nationwide debut of Tonight! (The Tonight Show) hosted by Steve Allen on NBC.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1954 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 27 September 1954 and get them!