Thursday 27 September 1962
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Sherry by The 4 Seasons.
In UK I Remember You by Frank Ifield was in the top 5 hits.
The Longest Day, directed by Ken Annakin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1962.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 September 1962!
Which were the important events of 27 September 1962 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mashfyyat (Will) - First day of the eleventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- RC Saints - Saint Vincent de Paul
- Ethiopian Orthodox Church - Meskel
- Also see September 27 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Balsamine (Impatiens) Day, sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Belgium - French Community Day
- Simone Baker: English child born with birth defects, one of the last children to be deformed by thalidomide, a drug that was given to thousands of pregnant women as a sedative or sleeping potion before it was withdrawn.
- Kimberly Carson: American porn actress.
- Dennis Paulson: San Gabriel, California -- PGA golfer (1994 Freeport-McMoRan-4th).
- Gavin Larsen: New Zealand cricketer and sportscaster.
- Francisco Brochado da Rocha: Prime Minister of Brazil (1962), dies at age 52.
- Military uprising under Col Abdullah as-Sallal North Yemen
- US sells Israel, Hawk anti-aircraft missiles
- US sells Hawk anti-aircraft missiles to Israel.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?