Friday 27 September 1963
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Blue Velvet by Bobby Vinton.
In UK She Loves You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Lilies of the Field, directed by Ralph Nelson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while City Of Night by John Rechy was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 September 1963!
Which were the important events of 27 September 1963 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mashfyyat (Will) - First day of the eleventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- RC Saints - Saint Vincent de Paul
- Ethiopian Orthodox Church - Meskel
- Also see September 27 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Balsamine (Impatiens) Day, sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Belgium - French Community Day
- Caren Metschuck: in German Democratic Republic; 100m butterfly swimmer (Olympic-gold-1980).
- Marc Maron: American comedian actor and radio host.
- Patrick Trémeau: French recidivist rapist, nicknamed the "violeur des parkings" ("the parking rapist"), because he mostly attacked women in underground car parks at night, threatening them with a knife and violating them later.
- Mark Maron: American standup comic, actor, and writer who has appeared in clubs, in film, and off-Broadway.
- Lee Harvey Oswald visits Cubans consulate in Mexico
- At 10:59 AM the census clock records US population at 190,000,000.
- ''The Littlest Hobo'' debuts on TV across North America with the first episode entitled quotBlue Water Sailorquot.
- The second period of the Second Vatican Council in Rome opens.
- The University of East Anglia is established in Norwich, England.
- Nigeria becomes a republic The 1st Republican Constitution is established
- In the U.S., the President's Commission on the Status of Women issues its final reports to President Kennedy.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Vinton - Blue Velvet
- The Jaynetts - Sally, Go 'Round The Roses
- The Ronettes - Be My Baby
- Martha & the Vandellas - Heat Wave
- The Angels - My Boyfriend's Back
- The Crystals - Then He Kissed Me
- The Tymes - Wonderful! Wonderful!
- The Miracles - Mickey's Monkey
- Garnet Mimms - Cry Baby
- Trini Lopez - If I Had A Hammer
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?