Monday 27 September 1965
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Hang On Sloopy by The McCoys.
In UK (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones was in the top 5 hits.
The Hill, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while The Green Berets by Robin Moore was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1965.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 September 1965!
Which were the important events of 27 September 1965 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mashfyyat (Will) - First day of the eleventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- RC Saints - Saint Vincent de Paul
- Ethiopian Orthodox Church - Meskel
- Also see September 27 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Balsamine (Impatiens) Day, sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Belgium - French Community Day
- Steve Kerr: Lebanese-born basketball player.
- Robert Baldwin: Canadian-Japanese actor.
- Ricky Fuji: Japanese professional wrestler.
- Bernard Lord: Canadian lawyer and politician 30th Premier of New Brunswick.
- Peter MacKay: Canadian lawyer and politician 50th Canadian Minister of Justice.
- Alexis Stewart: American radio and television host
- Rhona Cameron: Scottish comedian. She rose to prominence via the stand-up comedy circuit, and was a regular on British television in the 1990s.
- The largest tanker ship at the time, ''Tokyo Maru'', is launched in Yokohama, Japan.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The McCoys - Hang On Sloopy
- Barry McGuire - Eve Of Destruction
- The Beatles - Yesterday
- Dave Clark Five - Catch Us If You Can
- We Five - You Were On My Mind
- Ramsey Lewis Trio - The In Crowd
- Roy Head - Treat Her Right
- Fortunes - You've Got Your Troubles
- Sonny And Cher - Baby Don't Go
- Sonny - Laugh At Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?