Monday 27 September 1971
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Maggie May by Rod Stewart.
In UK Hey Girl Don't Bother Me by The Tams was in the top 5 hits.
The Last Picture Show, directed by Peter Bogdanovich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 September 1971!
Which were the important events of 27 September 1971 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mashfyyat (Will) - First day of the eleventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- RC Saints - Saint Vincent de Paul
- Ethiopian Orthodox Church - Meskel
- Also see September 27 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Balsamine (Impatiens) Day, sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Belgium - French Community Day
- Alonzo Spellman: NFL defensive end (Chicago Bears).
- Erik Smit: Dutch soccer player (FC Utrecht).
- Patrick Muldoon: California, United States -- Actor (Austin-Days of Our Lives, Melrose Place).
- Ron Florine: NFL / WLAF tackle (KC Chiefs, Scotland Claymores).
- Amanda Detmer: American actress.
- Agata Kulesza: Polish actress
- Horacio Sandoval: Mexican illustrator
- Li Yapeng: Chinese actor
- Aaron Belz: American poet
- October 11 ampndash Japanese Emperor Hirohito travels abroad.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rod Stewart - Maggie May
- Donny Osmond - Go Away Little Girl
- Paul & Linda McCartney - Uncle Albert / Admiral Halsey
- Carpenters - Superstar
- Aretha Franklin - Spanish Harlem
- The Osmonds - Yo-Yo
- The Undisputed Truth - Smiling Faces Sometimes
- Bill Withers - Ain't No Sunshine
- Joan Baez - The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
- Lee Michaels - Do You Know What I Mean
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 27 September 1971 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?