Thursday 27 September 2007
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Stronger by Kanye West.
In UK Beautiful Girls by Sean Kingston was in the top 5 hits.
I'm Not There., directed by Todd Haynes, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Giving: How Each of Us Can Change the World by Bill Clinton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Cinemassacre's Monster Madness.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ar Tonelico II: Melody of Metafalica or Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 September 2007!
Which were the important events of 27 September 2007 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mashfyyat (Will) - First day of the eleventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- RC Saints - Saint Vincent de Paul
- Ethiopian Orthodox Church - Meskel
- Also see September 27 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Balsamine (Impatiens) Day, sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Belgium - French Community Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 27 September
- The Corruption Perceptions Index, a survey by Transparency International, is conducted into the most and least corrupt countries in the world, ranking 180 countries. (Wikinews) (Globe and Mail)
- Israeli forces pull back from the Northern Gaza Strip after a two day raid that was prompted by the firing of Qassam rockets and mortar shells into Israel. The raid left 11 Palestinians, including civilians and members of Hamas and the Army of Islam, dead and 20 wounded. (NYT)
- The spacecraft ''Dawn'' is launched by NASA on a mission to explore mainbelt asteroids Vesta and Ceres. (Spaceflightnow.com)
- South Africa's National Prosecuting Authority issues an arrest warrant for Interpol chief Jackie Selebi. (BBC)
- 2007 Atlantic hurricane season: Lorenzo strengthens into a hurricane and makes landfall on Mexico's Gulf coast. (AP via Google News)
- The Third Circuit Court of Appeal in the U.S. state of Louisiana rules that Mychal Bell should not have been tried as an adult in the Jena Six case, and he is released on a $45,000 bail bond. (Reuters)
- Donor countries promise $9.7 billion to The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria. (Reuters)
- Four employees of the International Red Cross, including two foreigners, are abducted in Afghanistan's Wardak province. (BBC)
- President of Pakistan Pervez Musharraf files nomination for the upcoming Pakistan Presidential Election to be held on October 6, 2007 election without his army rank. (Reuters)
- A new round of talks aimed at ending North Korea's nuclear program starts in Beijing. (BBC)
- 2007 Burmese anti-government protests:
- According to sources close to the military, Senior General Than Shwe is now directly commanding soldiers after several commanders refused to use force to crack down on protesters. (Mizzima News)
- There are unconfirmed reports that Than Shwe's family is fleeing to a foreign country. A chartered Air Bagan flight carrying eight special passengers landed in Vientiane, Laos, at 6pm (local time). (Mizzima News)
- China, one of Myanmar's few allies, calls for restraint for the first time. (Reuters)
- Nine people are killed and 11 injured when junta security forces open fire on an anti-government demonstration in Yangon. Among the dead is a Japanese journalist. (CNN)
- Burmese security forces raid several Buddhist monasteries arresting hundreds of the Buddhist monks who have led the protests. (AP and Reuters via Sydney Morning Herald)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?