Saturday 27 September 2008
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to So What by Pink.
Changeling, directed by Clint Eastwood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 September 2008!
Which were the important events of 27 September 2008 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mashfyyat (Will) - First day of the eleventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- RC Saints - Saint Vincent de Paul
- Ethiopian Orthodox Church - Meskel
- Also see September 27 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Balsamine (Impatiens) Day, sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Belgium - French Community Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 27 September
- Mahendra Kapoor: Indian singer (Born 1934).
- American film actor Paul Newman dies of cancer at age 83, in Connecticut. Some notable films: Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, The Hustler, Cool Hand Luke, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, The Sting, The Color of Money, (Best Actor Oscar award).
- CNSA astronaut Zhai Zhigang becomes the first Chinese person to perform a spacewalk while flying on Shenzhou 7.
- A bomb blast in Delhi, India kills 2 and injures 23. (TOI)
- 2008 Atlantic hurricane season: Tropical Storm Kyle strengthens into Hurricane Kyle with predictions that it will make landfall in the New England region of the United States or Canada's Maritime Provinces on Sunday. (Reuters)
- The United States Senate passes a large spending bill including $25 billion in taxpayer subsidised loans for automakers and the end of offshore drilling bans. (AP via Google News)
- The People's Council of Turkmenistan, implementing changes approved in the Constitution, passes a vote to abolish itself and allow opposition parties. (BBC News)
- In Australian football, the Hawthorn Football Club defeats the Geelong Football Club in the 2008 AFL Grand Final by 115 points to 89. (ABC News Australia)
- A 12.9 million digit Mersenne prime is discovered. (AP via ''Los Angeles Times'')
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2008 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?