Monday 27 September 2010
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars.
Ip Man, directed by Wilson Yip, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 September 2010!
Which were the important events of 27 September 2010 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mashfyyat (Will) - First day of the eleventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- RC Saints - Saint Vincent de Paul
- Ethiopian Orthodox Church - Meskel
- Also see September 27 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Balsamine (Impatiens) Day, sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Belgium - French Community Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 27 September
- A suspected U.S. drone fired missiles at a house in northwestern Pakistan in Khushali, a village near Mir Ali, killing four people. (Jakarta Post)
- Rwanda withdraws a threat to remove its peacekeepers from Darfur after a United Nations report accused the Rwandan army of genocide in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. (''The East African'')
- Around 70 insurgents are killed when two NATO helicopters strike inside Pakistan in its northwest Khost tribal area bordering Afghanistan. Pakistan strongly condemned the attack, calling it a violation of its airspace. (BBC)
- President of Colombia Juan Manuel Santos describes the killing of Mono Jojoy as the ampquotbeginning of the endampquot for the Farc organization. (AFP via ''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Three former Australian soldiers are charged with offences including manslaughter following an action in the Afghanistan War in which six civilians died. (''Courier Mail'')
- Three Palestinians said to be members of the Islamic Jihad group are killed in an Israeli air strike on the southern part of the Gaza Strip. (Al Jazeera)
- Gloria Stuart, the oldest-ever nominee for an Academy award, specifically the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her role as the elder Rose in the 1997 film ''Titanic'', dies in Los Angeles, aged 100. (''Variety'')
- Unilever plc, an Anglo-Dutch consumer products giant, has entered into an agreement to buy Alberto-Culver, a manufacturer of hair and skin care products, for $3.7 billion. (TheStreet)
- At least thirteen people die in the Gulf of Aden after a small boat capsizes with a rescue effort by the USS Winston S. Churchill saving another 61 passengers. (News Limited)
- An 6.1 magnitude earthquake southwest of the Iranian city of Shiraz kills at least one person and injures three. (Reuters)
- A landslide in the town of Giraldo in Colombia's Antioquia Department buries 30 people with authorities believing there is little chance of them being rescued. (AFP via Google News)
- The US state department expresses disappointment at Israel's decision not to extend its ban on settlement building in the West Bank. (BBC)
- Japan's Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshito Sengoku calls for the People's Republic of China to compensate for Japanese patrol boats damaged in a confrontation with a Chinese fishing boat in the East China Sea. (Al Jazeera)
- 95 people, including two former mayors and planning chief of Marbella, appear in court in Malaga in one of Spain's biggest corruption trials. (BBC)
- Chinese police investigate claims that a security firm colluded with officials to detain protesters in secret prisons. (AP)
- The trial of former Bosnian Serb leader Radovan Karadžić resumes at the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia in The Hague, Netherlands. (CNN)
- Brandon Joseph Rhode is executed at a prison in Jackson, Georgia in the southern United States. (AJC)
- North Korea
- Delegates arrive in the North Korean capital Pyongyang ahead of the largest Korean Workers' Party conference in decades. (Al Jazeera)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?