Saturday 28 April 1900
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Maurice Thorez coal miner and Jan Hendrik.
Confounding the Art Critic, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1900.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 April 1900!
Which were the important events of 28 April 1900 ?
- Arbor Day - legal state holiday in Nebraska, USA.
- National Heroes Day - public holiday in Barbados in honor of men and women who played a significant role in the island nation's history, such as Sir Garfield Sobers.
- Peter Chanel
- Louis Marie Grignon of Montfort
- Saints Vitalis and Valeria
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Theodora and Didymus
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work, which developed from the Canadian observance.
- National Day of Mourning in Canada to commemorate workers killed, injured, or suffering illness due to occupational hazards and accidents.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jam�l (Beauty) - First day of the third month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Roman Empire - first day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Maurice Thorez coal miner: Secretary-General of French Communist Party.
- Jan Hendrik: Oort Dutch astronomer (hypothesized "Oort Cloud").
- Bruno Apitz: writer.
- Heinrich Muller: head of the Gestapo (disappeared in 1945).
- Jan Oort: Dutch astronomer, pioneer in radio astronomy, comet and galaxy exploration.
- Maurice Thorez: French politician and longtime leader of the French Communist Party (PCF) from 1930 until his death on 11 July 1964. He also served as vice premier of France from 1946 to 1947.
- Hubert Yencesse: French sculptor, the subject of a retrospective ar the Rodin Museum in Paris in 1972.
- Heinrich Müller: German SS officer (d. 1945)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in April 1900?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?