Saturday 28 April 1906
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Invisible Thief, directed by Gaston Velle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1906.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 April 1906!
Which were the important events of 28 April 1906 ?
- Arbor Day - legal state holiday in Nebraska, USA.
- National Heroes Day - public holiday in Barbados in honor of men and women who played a significant role in the island nation's history, such as Sir Garfield Sobers.
- Peter Chanel
- Louis Marie Grignon of Montfort
- Saints Vitalis and Valeria
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Theodora and Didymus
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work, which developed from the Canadian observance.
- National Day of Mourning in Canada to commemorate workers killed, injured, or suffering illness due to occupational hazards and accidents.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jam�l (Beauty) - First day of the third month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Roman Empire - first day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bartholomeus J "Bart" Bok: Dutch / US astronomer (Milky Way).
- Pierre [Louis] Boileau: Paris, France -- Novelist (Vertigo).
- Bart Bok: Dutch-American astronomer who came to the U.S.
- Otto Glastra van Loon: Dutch musicologist, writer, composer and conductor.
- Kurt Godel: Austrian, and later American, logician, mathematician, and philosopher.
- Kemper Goodwin: American architect who specialized in educational buildings. Some of his buildings are listed on the National Register of Historic Places in Arizona. He died on December 24, 1997.
- Paul Sacher: Swiss conductor, patron and impresario.
- Kurt Gödel: Czech-American mathematician philosopher and academic (d. 1978)
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1906 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- On an Automobile Afternoon - Harry Tally
- If a Girl Like You Loved a Boy Like Me - Harry Macdonough
- When the Mocking Birds are Singing in the Wildwood - Harry Macdonough
- Just a Little rocking Chair and You - Billy Murray
- When You and I Were Young, Maggie - Richard Jose
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in April 1906?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?