Saturday 28 April 1906
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bartholomeus J "Bart" Bok and Pierre [Louis] Boileau.
Invisible Thief, directed by Gaston Velle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 April 1906!
Which were the important events of 28 April 1906 ?
- Arbor Day - legal state holiday in Nebraska, USA.
- National Heroes Day - public holiday in Barbados in honor of men and women who played a significant role in the island nation's history, such as Sir Garfield Sobers.
- Peter Chanel
- Louis Marie Grignon of Montfort
- Saints Vitalis and Valeria
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Theodora and Didymus
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work, which developed from the Canadian observance.
- National Day of Mourning in Canada to commemorate workers killed, injured, or suffering illness due to occupational hazards and accidents.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jam�l (Beauty) - First day of the third month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Roman Empire - first day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bartholomeus J "Bart" Bok: Dutch / US astronomer (Milky Way).
- Pierre [Louis] Boileau: Paris, France -- Novelist (Vertigo).
- Bart Bok: Dutch-American astronomer who came to the U.S.
- Otto Glastra van Loon: Dutch musicologist, writer, composer and conductor.
- Kurt Godel: Austrian, and later American, logician, mathematician, and philosopher.
- Kemper Goodwin: American architect who specialized in educational buildings. Some of his buildings are listed on the National Register of Historic Places in Arizona. He died on December 24, 1997.
- Paul Sacher: Swiss conductor, patron and impresario.
- Kurt Gödel: Czech-American mathematician philosopher and academic (d. 1978)
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1906 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- On an Automobile Afternoon - Harry Tally
- If a Girl Like You Loved a Boy Like Me - Harry Macdonough
- When the Mocking Birds are Singing in the Wildwood - Harry Macdonough
- Just a Little rocking Chair and You - Billy Murray
- When You and I Were Young, Maggie - Richard Jose
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in April 1906?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?