Tuesday 28 April 1908
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
The Robber's Sweetheart, directed by Viggo Larsen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1908.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 April 1908!
Which were the important events of 28 April 1908 ?
- Arbor Day - legal state holiday in Nebraska, USA.
- National Heroes Day - public holiday in Barbados in honor of men and women who played a significant role in the island nation's history, such as Sir Garfield Sobers.
- Peter Chanel
- Louis Marie Grignon of Montfort
- Saints Vitalis and Valeria
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Theodora and Didymus
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work, which developed from the Canadian observance.
- National Day of Mourning in Canada to commemorate workers killed, injured, or suffering illness due to occupational hazards and accidents.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jam�l (Beauty) - First day of the third month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Roman Empire - first day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Ethel Catherwood: American-Canadian high jumper and javelin thrower (d. 1987).
- Oskar Schindler: Czech businessman who joined the Nazi party and became a double agent, managing to shuffle Jews through his factory rolls and getting them out of the country.
- Robert Judeaux: Rennes EXecutives.
- Arnoud Breeveld: Suriname -- Bishop.
- Michael T Fitzmaurice: Chicago, Illinois -- Actor (Reported Missing, 14 Hours).
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1908 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I've Got a Tickling Sensation 'Round My Heart for You - Bob Roberts
- I'm Looking for the Man That Wrote the Merry Widow Waltz - Billy Murray
- One Sweet Little girl - Harry Macdonough
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in April 1908?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?