Sunday 28 April 1912
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Only a Woman, directed by Theo Frenkel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1912.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 April 1912!
Which were the important events of 28 April 1912 ?
- Arbor Day - legal state holiday in Nebraska, USA.
- National Heroes Day - public holiday in Barbados in honor of men and women who played a significant role in the island nation's history, such as Sir Garfield Sobers.
- Peter Chanel
- Louis Marie Grignon of Montfort
- Saints Vitalis and Valeria
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Theodora and Didymus
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work, which developed from the Canadian observance.
- National Day of Mourning in Canada to commemorate workers killed, injured, or suffering illness due to occupational hazards and accidents.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jam�l (Beauty) - First day of the third month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Roman Empire - first day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Kaneto Shindō: Japanese director producer and screenwriter (d. 2012).
- József Sir: Hungarian sprinter (d. 1996).
- Renato Rascel: Italian film actor, singer, and songwriter.
- Odette Sansom Hallowes: French resistance worker (d. 1995).
- Odette Sansome: French spy; a courageous secret agent who infiltrated enemy-occupied France and worked with distinction until arrested by the Gestapo in April 1943.
- Odette Hallowes: French Resistance member, an Allied intelligence agent during the Second World War.
- Kaneto Shindo: Japanese film director
- Paul Payot: Chamonix Writer
- André Bréhéret: French Catholic priest, who served as Bishop of Cahors from 1962 to 1972.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1912 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- It's a Long Lane That Has No Turning - Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet)
- I Love Love (I Love You, Dear) - Henry Burr
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in April 1912?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?