Tuesday 28 April 1914
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Neptune's Daughter, directed by Herbert Brenon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1914.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 April 1914!
Which were the important events of 28 April 1914 ?
- Arbor Day - legal state holiday in Nebraska, USA.
- National Heroes Day - public holiday in Barbados in honor of men and women who played a significant role in the island nation's history, such as Sir Garfield Sobers.
- Peter Chanel
- Louis Marie Grignon of Montfort
- Saints Vitalis and Valeria
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Theodora and Didymus
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work, which developed from the Canadian observance.
- National Day of Mourning in Canada to commemorate workers killed, injured, or suffering illness due to occupational hazards and accidents.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jam�l (Beauty) - First day of the third month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Roman Empire - first day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Skuli Halldorsson: composer.
- Philip E High: Science fiction author (d. 2006).
- Michel Mohrt: French editor, lawyer, author, novelist, playwright.
- Gunnar Randers: Norwegian physicist.
- Pierre Mohrt: Morlaix Writer.
- Philip High: English author (d. 2006)
- W H Carrier patents air conditioner.
- 181 die in coal mine collapse at Eccles West Virginia.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Cross the Great Divide (I'll Wait for You) - Haydn Quartet
- The Ragtime Dream - American Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?