Friday 28 April 1922
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include William S Broomfield (Representative-Republican-Michigan and Iser J Koepermann Russian/US world checkers champion (1958-68.
The Man from Beyond, directed by Burton L. King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 April 1922!
Which were the important events of 28 April 1922 ?
- Arbor Day - legal state holiday in Nebraska, USA.
- National Heroes Day - public holiday in Barbados in honor of men and women who played a significant role in the island nation's history, such as Sir Garfield Sobers.
- Peter Chanel
- Louis Marie Grignon of Montfort
- Saints Vitalis and Valeria
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Theodora and Didymus
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work, which developed from the Canadian observance.
- National Day of Mourning in Canada to commemorate workers killed, injured, or suffering illness due to occupational hazards and accidents.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jam�l (Beauty) - First day of the third month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Roman Empire - first day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- William S Broomfield (Representative-Republican-Michigan: 1956-).
- Iser J Koepermann Russian/US world checkers champion (1958-68: 1975-76).
- Guillaume Jorissen: Flemish politician (Volksunie).
- Alistair MacLean: Scottish novelist (d. 1987).
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1922 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Marie - Ted Lewis & His Band
- Dear Old Southland - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- James P. Johnson - Carolina Shout
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?