Monday 28 April 1930
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Christopher John Magenis Headington and James Baker III in Houston.
One Romantic Night, directed by Paul L. Stein, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 April 1930!
Which were the important events of 28 April 1930 ?
- Arbor Day - legal state holiday in Nebraska, USA.
- National Heroes Day - public holiday in Barbados in honor of men and women who played a significant role in the island nation's history, such as Sir Garfield Sobers.
- Peter Chanel
- Louis Marie Grignon of Montfort
- Saints Vitalis and Valeria
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Theodora and Didymus
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work, which developed from the Canadian observance.
- National Day of Mourning in Canada to commemorate workers killed, injured, or suffering illness due to occupational hazards and accidents.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jam�l (Beauty) - First day of the third month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Roman Empire - first day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Christopher John Magenis Headington: Composer.
- James Baker III in Houston: Texas, USA; Secretary of Treasury (1985-88), Secretary of State (1989-92).
- James Baker: American moderate Republican politician, jurist and financier.
- André Halimi: French journalist and television producer; the creator, with Lionel Shushan, of the Deauville American Film Festival.
- Carolyn Jones: American actress, the daughter of Cloe Jeanette Southern, a housewife, and Julius Alfred Jones, a barber.
- Richard Sarafian: American actor director and screenwriter (d. 2013)
- 1st night organized baseball game (Independence KS)
- The first night game in organized baseball history takes place in Independence, Kansas.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 April 1930
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?