Saturday 28 April 1934
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lois Duncan and Donald Johnson.
Manhattan Melodrama, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 April 1934!
Which were the important events of 28 April 1934 ?
- Arbor Day - legal state holiday in Nebraska, USA.
- National Heroes Day - public holiday in Barbados in honor of men and women who played a significant role in the island nation's history, such as Sir Garfield Sobers.
- Peter Chanel
- Louis Marie Grignon of Montfort
- Saints Vitalis and Valeria
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Theodora and Didymus
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work, which developed from the Canadian observance.
- National Day of Mourning in Canada to commemorate workers killed, injured, or suffering illness due to occupational hazards and accidents.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jam�l (Beauty) - First day of the third month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Roman Empire - first day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Lois Duncan: American writer, magazine photographer and instructor in the department of journalism at the University of New Mexico 1971-'82.
- Donald Johnson: American rolfer and author who wrote a book on painless rolfing.
- Diane Johnson: American-French author and screenwriter.
- FDR signs Home Owners Loan Act
- US President Franklin Roosevelt signs Home Owners Loan Act.
- Spanish government of Samper forms.
- FA Cup: Manchester City beat Portsmouth 2 ampndash 1 at Wembley Stadium
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?